We understand your concerns about the security of personal information and are committed to protecting the personal information or an option about you.
Wonthaggi Toyota collects most personal information directly from you. For example, you provided us with your information, including your name, address and telephone number, when you purchase a car or deal with us over the telephone.
We only collect and hold information about you that is necessary for us to perform the services or provide the goods you request from us, and we handle it in accordance with the APPs as detailed in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The types of personal information we collect about you may include:
- your name, address, email address, DOB, gender, driver’s licence number and telephone number.
We may use and disclose personal information we collect about you for several purposes including:
- to tell you about other products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to learn more about your expectations of us and how we can meet them;
- to disclose it to Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited for purposes such as managing safety issues and warranty claims, roadside assistance, registration and coordinating marketing by Toyota Motor Corporation Australia limited and/or its dealers;
- to assist our related companies and other service providers (such as information technology providers and mailing houses), so that they can provide the services that we have contracted out to them; and
- as required or permitted by relevant laws and regulations.
We may require your consent to use and/or disclose your personal information if we need to use your information for a purpose that is not related to the purpose for which we collected it.
We seek to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure by ensuring that your personal information can only be accessed by authorised persons.
You can gain access to your personal information that we hold about you, subject to some exceptions under the privacy legislation, and update your personal information if you believe it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised, you are entitled to complain.
Please be assured, however, that we are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
Please contact us at Wonthaggi Toyota, 346 Bass Hwy, Wonthaggi 3995 or on (03) 5672 1722 if you wish to access personal information we hold about you or seek the correction of that information, or if you wish to complain about a privacy breach by us. We will assign an appropriately senior person to investigate your privacy complaint and we will respond to your complaint within 30 days.